The Sir Reginald Ansett Memorial Lecture
The Lecture, first held at the 1991 Conference is now an established and successful prelude to each Safeskies conference.
The Lecture commemorates Sir Reginald Ansett, one of Australia’s great transport industry pioneers. The Ansett Transport Industries was one of Australia’s largest and most successful Transport conglomerates and included Ansett Airlines of Australia. Sir Reginald Ansett’s influence throughout the Transport Industry was great. He is particularly remembered for his significant contribution and encouragement of the youth of Australia to learn to fly.
Past Lecturers Include:
2017 | Mr John Borghetti AO, CEO Virgin Australia
2015 | Air Chief Marshal Sir Angus Houston AK AFC (Retd)
2013 | Dr Tom Enders, CEO European Aeronautic Defence & Space Co (EADS)
2011 | Dr Andy Thomas AO, Australian born NASA Astronaut.
2009 | Mr Alan Joyce, Chief Executive Office of Qantas Airways Limited.
2007 | Sir Rod Eddington, Former CEO of British Airways.
2005 | Mr E L (Burt) Rutan, Aerospace Engineer, CEO – Scaled Composites, designer of SpaceShipOne and the Global Flyer
2003 | Mr Geoff Dixon, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of Qantas Airways Limited
2001 | Capt Etienne Tarnowski, Experimental Test Pilot, Airbus France
1999 | Capt John Young USN (Retd), Senior NASA Astronaut
1997 | Dr William A Gaubatz, Space and Rocketry Scientist, formerly McDonnell Douglas
Previous Conference Webcasting
Previous Safeskies Conference Programs
- 2013 Safeskies Conference Program
- 2011 Safeskies Conference Program
- 2009 Safeskies Conference Program
- 2007 Safeskies Conference Program
- 2005 Safeskies Conference Program
- 2003 Safeskies Conference Program
- 2001 Safeskies Conference Program
- 1999 Safeskies Conference Program
- 1997 Safeskies Conference Program
- 1995 Safeskies Conference Program
- 1993 Safeskies Conference Program